Modern Hippie Cooks, thank you so much for the nomination for this year’s Liebster Award! Since I’m so new to the blogosphere, I hadn’t heard of the Liebster Award, so for those of you like me, I’ll fill you in.
What is the Liebster Award?
Well, auf Deutsch, Liebster roughly means “the sweetest, dearest, kindest, nicest, beloved, valued, pleasant, cute, or endearing.” And I’m tickled Modern Hippie thought of my little blog! The award itself is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The nominees must:
Post 11 things about themselves
Answer 11 questions posed by their nominators
Nominate 11 other bloggers
Go to their pages and tell them
And don’t tag back! So….
11 Things About Me:
1. I’m a veterinarian; 2. I decided I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was the ripe old age of 3; 3. I love surfing; 4. My dog goes with me nearly everywhere; 5. I’m addicted to learning; 6. Twin Peaks scared the crap out of me; 7. If I don’t get out into the wilderness once weekly, I get cranky; 8. The ocean is my favorite; 9. I eat edamame stupidly fast; 10. Time with my friends and family makes me realize just how lucky Iam every day.
Questions from Modern Hippie Cooks:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? Changing my diet really changed the way I feel everyday, and I wanted to share some of the recipes that I love to create. I’ve also been looking for a creative outlet to write a bit more and work on my photo skills, and I’ve had so much fun!
2. What is your favourite season? I love the briskness and sun that comes with fall, but man, oh man do I love those long sunny days of summer.
3. CDs or download? Download. I love CDs, but I hate the clutter.
4. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list? Trekking to Everest Base Camp, paying off my student loans (lame, but necessary), getting yoga certified
5. Who inspires you? My friends and families.
6. What is one of your happiest memories? Body surfing with my dad in Hawaii when I was 9…one of my favorite trips!
7. What is your favourite food? Berries, coconut, and hot chocolate (I had to choose 3)
8. Do you collect anything? Not really, but I guess you could make the argument I collect pretty dresses
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Somewhere by the sea
10. Your most desired travel destination? Way too many to choose from!
11. What is your favourite scent? Salty sea air. I love the ocean if you can’t tell. 🙂
I’m still working on the 11 other blogger part. I’ve been posting up a storm, but haven’t been reading up a storm. I’ll update soon, so check back. 🙂